Cleanliness and safety are at the forefront of our daily operations. We are taking sanitation to another level by implementing a health and sanitation program to supplement the effective cleaning protocols we have in place at Soboba Casino Resort. We want to continue to be your favorite gaming and leisure destination while providing our “winning” guest and team member experience.
Soboba’s health and sanitation program has been authorized by the Soboba Tribal Gaming Commission (STGC), the agency charged by law as the primary regulator for the tribe’s gaming operation and ensuring the health and safety of guests and team members.
THE HEALTH AND SAFETY OF OUR TEAM MEMBERS AND GUEST IS OUR NUMBER ONE PRIORITY
ATTENTION: If you do not feel well, please help us by staying home or seeking the guidance of a healthcare professional. We sincerely appreciate your adherence, patience, and cooperation of these standards. We are all in this together and need your help to ensure these standards are sufficient.
TEAM MEMBER & GUEST WELLBEING
The wellbeing and safety of our Team Members and guests is our number one priority.
- Points of entry will be limited to allow our security team to conduct non-invasive temperature checks utilizing handheld temperature scanners and thermal cameras
- Anyone displaying a temperature over 100.4°F will be taken to a private area for a secondary temporal temperature screening
- Any Team Members or guests confirmed to have a temperature over 100.4°F will not be allowed entry to the property and will be directed towards appropriate medical care
Guests will be advised to practice physical distancing by standing at least six feet away from any guests that are not part of their party while standing in lines, using elevators or moving around the property. Restaurant tables, slot machines and other physical layouts will be arranged to ensure appropriate distancing. Plexiglass shields will be installed at service counter areas throughout the casino, hotel, restaurants, pool, and back of house areas.
Team members will be reminded not to touch their faces and to practice physical distancing by standing at least six feet away from guests and other team members whenever possible. Signs will be posted throughout the property reminding employees and patrons of proper hygiene. All resort outlets will comply with, or exceed, local or state mandated occupancy limits. Soboba Casino Resort intend to achieve compliance with this occupancy limitation through monitoring of the property’s door counting and slot accounting system, which provides real-time slot utilization at all times. This monitoring will be the responsibility of the General Manager of the property.
Hand sanitizer dispensers, touchless whenever possible, will be placed at the key guest and Team Member entrances and highly frequented areas, such as driveways, reception areas, hotel lobbies, the casino floor, restaurant entrances, meeting and convention spaces, elevator landings, etc.
Health and hygiene reminders will be placed throughout the property, including signage about the proper way to wear, handle and dispose of masks, reminders to thoroughly wash your hands (minimum of 20 seconds), etc.
Signage will also be posted throughout Team Member areas as reminders of proper health and hygiene practices to protect themselves. Signage will include, the proper way to wear, handle and dispose of masks, the proper way to wear, handle and dispose of gloves (in positions deemed appropriate by medical experts), hand washing procedures, what to do if you need to cough or sneeze and many other key safety steps to take while at work.
Team members have been given clear directions on the best way to react quickly and suitably to all assumed instances of coronavirus contamination on property as per the local guidelines, and they will be prepared to offer full help to our guests tending to any well-being concerns. Colleagues are reminded to remain at home on the off chance that they don't feel well. Team members are additionally educated to contact a supervisor on the off chance that they notice a coworker or guest with respiratory symptoms (e.g. coughing, shortness of breath).
TEAM MEMBER REQUIREMENTS
Soboba Team Members are vital to the effectiveness of the health and sanitation program. All Team Members will be trained on the health and sanitation standards.
Departments with more guest interactions will be provided more extensive training on how to safeguard the guest and themselves appropriately.
Proper and frequent handwashing with soap is vital to help combat the spread of virus. All team members will wash their hands regularly (for 20 seconds). For this purpose, “regularly” means, at a minimum, at the start of a shift, at each break and at several times during their shifts. Team members will receive proper hygiene training and that training will be reinforced on a regular basis. COVID-19. All team members will receive training on COVID-19 safety and sanitation protocols with more comprehensive training for our teams with frequent guest contact including Housekeeping, Food & Beverage, internal maintenance, Hotel Operations and Security.
Appropriate PPE will be provided to all team members based on their role and responsibilities and in adherence to state or local regulations and guidance. Training on how to properly use and dispose of all PPE will be provided.
Employee pre-shift meetings will be conducted virtually or in areas that allow for appropriate physical distancing between team members. Hand sanitizer will be available at each timeclock location and employees will be required to sanitize their hands after clocking in.
Security officials will welcome every guest to the resort. Guests will be screened, instructed to use hand sanitizer, and must wear a mask or appropriate face covering. Informational signage will noticeably be on display, illustrating the proper use of masks and social distancing practices being used throughout the resort.
- Valet services will be suspended until further notice
- Guests are to enter the resort through doors that are either propped open, automated or manually operated by a Team Member
- Team Members will not open the doors of cars or taxis
- Guests requesting bell service will be assisted with a freshly sanitized bell cart
- Bell carts will be sanitized after each guest is assisted
- All shuttles and buses will have an additional Team Member that will be responsible for taking guest temperatures prior to boarding the vehicle
- Guests will be required to wear face masks or proper face coverings prior to boarding buses and shuttles
- Masks will not be provided at shuttle and bus pick up locations
- No more than four (4) guests will be permitted per SUV, and no more than two (2) guests will be permitted per sedan
- Guests will not be permitted to sit in the front passenger seat
- A Team Member will be present to sanitize all button panels at regular intervals
- Signage will be posted to explain current procedures
- No more than four (4) guests will be permitted per elevator
CLEANING SUPPLIES AND STANDARDS
Soboba utilizes cleaning items and conventions which meet EPA guidelines, which are useful in battling against a virus, bacteria, and airborne pathogens. We are consistently working with our resellers, distributors, and providers to guarantee a continuous supply of these cleaning supplies and essential PPE.
The frequency of cleaning and disinfecting will also increase in high traffic back of house areas with an emphasis on the employee dining rooms, employee entrances, uniform control rooms, employee restrooms, loading docks, offices, kitchens, security scanning podiums, team member relations service desks and training classrooms.
- Upon re-opening, our gaming floor will be smoke-free, but we will have designated smoking areas.
- A guest must be 21 and over to enter facility.
- To assist with physical distancing in each of our gaming areas, the number of seats available has been reduced
- High-touch points are sanitized and cleaned on an increased schedule
- Additional hand sanitizing stations are placed throughout the casino
- Chips are sanitized in the chip tray when there is a break in the action
- Cards will be dealt face up wherever possible to reduce the amount of direct contact
- Guests are required to wear proper PPE and practice physical distancing while on property and course
- Player Services will refrain from handling guest tees, markers, scorecards, pencils, and other small equipment. These items can be distributed to guests upon request
- Rakes from bunkers, water dispensers, cooler stations, sand containers, shag bag and devices, and ball washing stations will be removed and temporarily unavailable
- Golf inserts have been placed in the Ball Holes to avoid touching of the pin/pole
- Maze Stone Grill and Beverage Cart service will be available for limited service offering to-go and pick up orders only. Maze Stone restaurant lounge area will be available for limited service.
All Soboba F&B Team Members have attended, effectively passed, and are current holders of the County of Riverside Food Handlers card. The primary goal of the Food Handler Certification Program is to prevent foodborne illness through education. All food employees whose place of employment handles food, beverages, or utensils must obtain a Riverside County Food Handler Certificate.
- There will be limited seating in the dining room and bars to ensure proper distancing between parties
- To-Go food will be available from three (3) venues; Noodle Bar, Coffee Kiicha, and Fairway Café.
- Menus will be single-use and disposed of after one-time use
- Hostesses and managers to manage physical distancing at entries, waiting areas and queues (in additional to signage)
- Tables and chairs will be sanitized after each use
- Tongs will be used to garnish all drinks
- POS (Point of Sale) terminals will be sanitized frequently
- All countertops, workstations, cooler door handles, and draft beer taps will be sanitized frequently
- New Protocols for Bell Service
- Shuttle Service for Hotel Guests to the Hotel Parking Lots
- Valet will NOT be reopening at this time
- Sneeze guards at the front desk and the Bell Desk
- Thermocameras at the Hotel Entry
- Covid-19 Kit for all Hotel Guests (Masks, Gloves, Sanitizer)
- Housekeeping Amenities will be sanitized and packaged in sealed plastic bags.
- No entry into rooms that are occupied. Guest requests and In-Room Dining will be delivered to doors, but no entry into rooms.
- In-Room Dining will utilize disposable containers and cutlery for all orders.
- Housekeeping will sanitize and seal all rooms with a tamper evident sticker.
Hotel Operations unavailable until further notice. Stay tuned for a reopening date SOON!
The frequency of cleaning and sanitizing will also increase in the high-traffic back of house areas with an emphasis on the Team Member dining rooms, Team Member entrances, uniform control rooms, Team Member restrooms, loading docks, offices, kitchens, security scanning podiums, Team Member Relations service desks, and training classrooms.
Shared devices or hardware will be disinfected previously, during and after each move or whenever the gear is moved to another worker. This incorporates a telephones, radios, PCs and other specialized gadgets, payment terminals, kitchen devices, building apparatuses, security trigger buttons, folios, cleaning hardware, keys, time timekeepers and all other direct contact things utilized all through the resort. The utilization of shared food and drink tools in office wash rooms will be stopped.
The hotel will be exercising enhanced sanitizing protocols for the safety of our guests and Team Members.
Team Members will be following proper hand-washing protocols and will utilize hand sanitizer between transactions. Team members will be wiping down surfaces at regular intervals (EMV machines, counters, and terminals, etc.).
Our HVAC system cleaning and preventative measures have been revamped to increase the frequency of the air filter replacement in order to ensure the air exchange is maximized to increase outside air flow into the building.
Soboba’s health and safety plan has been authorized by the Soboba Tribal Gaming Commission (STGC), the agency charged by law as the primary regulator for the tribe’s gaming operation and ensuring the health and safety of guests and team members. The STGC reviewed and incorporated into their pre-opening standard checklist recommendations from CDC, the California Governor’s office, California Department of Public Health, Riverside County Public Health Department, requirements of the tribal/state compact, as well as various other industry standards and best practices.